Best in class
Our team has representatives in multiple shrimp producing countries that assist with customer support, and farm production data. The gathered production data is used to advance the Kona Bay breeding program into the right direction, taking the differences in multiple countries into the equation.
The farm results clearly show:
- High survival rate of Kona Bay Pacific White Shrimp is high, even when the culture period is longer than 90 days
- Feed Conversion Rate using Kona Bay stocks averages below 1.3, when shrimp are grown to over 23 grams in size
- Average Daily Gain is steadily increasing year on year and reported as high with many different growing factors such as salinity, location, and stocking density
Average Daily Gain of 0.3-0.7 g
depending on stocking density, water quality, feeds, and other factors.
Routinely selected for resistance to TSV, WSSV, EMS, and IMNV
Females produce 400,000 nauplii/spawn
- with 20% spawning/night
- without live worms (recommended for biosecurity)
Females produce 250,000 nauplii/spawn
- with 15% spawning/night.
- with feeding of live polychaete worms